AYR UNITED FOOTBALL CLUB - PRIVACY NOTICE
Data controller: Ayr United Football Club, which is registered at Somerset Park, Tryfield Place, Ayr KA8 9NB with Company Number SC0005950 is the controller and responsible for your personal data (referred to as Ayr United, we, us or our in this privacy notice)
We have notified the Information Commissioner’s Office that we are a data controller under registration number ZA054108. This means that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal information about you. We are required under Data Protection Legislation to notify you of the information contained in this privacy notice.
Ayr United Football & Athletic Club respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal data. This privacy notice documents your privacy rights and will inform you about how we use and look after your personal data.
It is important that you read this privacy notice so that you are fully aware of how and why we are using your personal data. This privacy notice relates only to your personal data which is captured from emails and in written form and is not intended to replace any other privacy notice or fair processing notice which we may provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing personal data about you.
Please note: The wording in this document reflects the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679, which will come into effect in the UK on 25 May 2018.
What personal data does Ayr United collect from you?
We collect and process a range of information about you. This may include:
- Full Name
- Email Address
- Postal Address
- Telephone number (personal and mobile)
We collect this information, which is volunteered by you.
Data is securely stored in an electronic format
Why does Ayr United Football Club process personal data?
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests, for example, in fulfilment of our governance and compliance duties as a member club of the national football governing bodies for Scotland
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, where this is required or permitted by law, for example in legal proceedings or regulatory investigations.
We may process your personal data for more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data. Please contact us if you need details about the specific legal ground we are relying on to process your personal data.
Who has access to your data
The information you provide to us will be treated as confidential. Only authorised personnel within the Club will have access. However, we may disclose your information to other third parties who act for us for the purposes set out in the policy or for purposes approved by you, including suppliers who provide marketing and ticketing services. We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions. In addition, if our business enters into a joint venture with or is sold to or merged with another business entity, your information may be disclosed to our new business partners or owners.
How do we use your information?
We may use your personal data for some or all of the following purposes:
- For the proper administration and management information received.
- For the maintenance of accurate and up to date records.
- To contact you with important information pertaining to your involvement with Ayr United Football Club.
- To allow access to our PPV and Black & White TV web service.
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
How does Ayr United Football Club protect data?
Ayr United Football Club takes the security of your data seriously. we have internal policies and controls in place to try to ensure that your data is not lost, accidentally destroyed, misused or disclosed, and is not accessed except by its employees in the performance of their duties.
Where we engage third parties to process personal data on its behalf, they do so based on written instructions, are under a duty of confidentiality and are obliged to implement appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure the security of data.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so. In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you. Please be aware that the transmission of information via the internet is not always completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the complete security of your data transmitted to us electronically; any transmission is at your own risk.
For how long does Ayr United Football Club keep data?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
You have various rights in respect of the personal data we hold about you – these are set out in more detail below.
- Access to your personal data: You can request access to a copy of your personal data that we hold, along with information on what personal data we use, why we use it, who we share it with, how long we keep it for and whether it has been used for any automated decision making. You can make a request for access free of charge. Please make all requests for access in writing to the email address set out below.
- Right to object: You can object to the processing of your data where Ayr United Football Club is relying on its legitimate interests as the legal ground for processing
- Consent: In the majority of circumstances, we won't need your consent to use your personal data as we will be using it only to fulfil our obligations and exercise our rights. There are limited circumstances where we may ask for your consent to process your information. Where you have given us your consent to use personal data, you can withdraw your consent at any time.
- Rectification: You can ask us to change or complete any inaccurate or incomplete personal data held about you.
- Erasure: You can ask us to delete your personal data where it is no longer necessary for us to use it, you have withdrawn consent, or where we have no lawful basis for keeping it. Where we are required by law to keep certain information, we will be unable to delete such information.
- Portability: You can ask us to provide you or a third party with some of the personal data that we hold about you in a structured, commonly used, electronic form, so it can be easily transferred to you or a third party.
- Restriction: You can ask us to restrict the personal data we use about you where you have asked for it to be erased or where you have objected to our use of it.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, or for more information about your rights, please contact us by emailing email@example.com.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month of receiving a written request. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made several requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
Cookies on this website
Your Duty to Inform Us
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
If you have any questions, suggestions or complaints about the processing of your personal data or wish to contact us to amend/update your personal data, please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Making a compliant
You can make a complaint to us about how we handle and use your personal data by first contacting us at email@example.com in the first instance, and then if not satisfied, to the data protection supervisory authority – in the UK, this is the Information Commissioner's Office, at https://ico.org.uk/.
We may amend this policy from time to time. If we make any substantial changes we will notify you by posting a prominent notice on our website or by email. Historic versions can be obtained by contacting us.