THE AYR MONOPOLY ‘BIG REVEAL’ .. .. and WE are in the game !
Look: WE get to star on the brand new MONOPOLY game for Ayr!
The much-anticipated board hits the shops this morning at 10am (Tuesday 20th October 2020).
And the ‘Big Reveal’ of the game sees:
- Ayr United Football Club feature on our very own MONOPOLY space! We get to appear on a Pink (Pall Mall) square from the classic game’s original.
- Culzean Castle named on the highest ranking piece of MONOPOLY prime estate, Mayfair.
- Other landmarks that get to star on the board include the Wallace Tower, Ayr Town Hall, Ayr Racecourse (on Park Lane – the board’s second highest ranking position), Grenan Castle, The Grain Exchange, Belleisle Park, St. John’s Tower, The Robert Burns Birthplace Museum, the football club – and loads more Ayr crown jewels.
- The four train stations from the original board take on a ‘travel’ theme.
- And several charities ‘Pass GO’ too – including the Dunaskin Doon Band, which dates back to the 19th century and a little older than even MONOPOLY itself!
A delighted Councillor Siobhian Brown, Economy and Culture Portfolio Holder for South Ayrshire Council , says of the new board:
“It’s fantastic that so many of Ayr’s famous landmarks are featuring in this special version of MONOPOLY.
“We have a wealth of history, culture and entertainment in and around Ayr – and I’m sure the game will encourage visitors in the future.”
The board has been produced by Winning Moves UK, under official license from the MONOPOLY brand, owned by Hasbro.
George Shrimpton, Custom Games Executive at Winning Moves UK, says:
“The game features the great and good of Ayr.. it’s crown jewels and many world famous landmarks. There is a full set dedicated to Robert Burns landmarks and we feel the game is a Love Letter to Ayr.
“It is also, perhaps, the perfect limited lockdown gift and must-have for Christmas.”
The new edition is now available at stores across Ayr including WHSmith, Waterstones and The Works – as well as very widely available online, including on Amazon.