Job Vacancy | Somerset Hub Bar Supervisor
Ayr United is looking for a hard-working, dedicated individual who has a passion for providing quality hospitality.
The right person should be able to work in a fast-paced buzzing environment and able to work shifts over evenings and weekends.
Responsibility under the direction of the General Manager and Directors for the day to day operational working of the Somerset Hub Clubhouse to ensure the smooth operation of services provided at all times, creating an exciting beverage experience for all our, patrons and guests in line with the club expectations.
This will include but not be limited to maintenance, bookings, community involvement and liaison with stakeholders.
Provide effective hands-on management and leadership to the Bar team, ensuring the associated facilities are set up and maintained to the highest standards at all times.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Take responsibility for the day-to-day management and running of the Clubhouse Bar
- Responsible for the financial reporting of the Bar revenue and profit
- Work with the General Manager & Directors on managing budgets and exceeding targets
- Work with the General Manager & Directors to identify and develop value added products and services to enhance the members, patron, and guest experience and to drive profitable sales
- Lead, supervise and motivate the Bar staff, improving service standards and training personnel as required
- Take responsibility for recruiting, inducting, managing, and developing bar staff, in line with AUFC needs
- Work with the General Manager & Directors to ensure all events can be staffed appropriately
- Implement effective front-of-house service procedures and develop rotas in line with bookings
- Train staff on upselling techniques to maximise daily revenues
- Oversee the maintenance of all equipment and Bar facilities, taking responsibility for any damages and ensuring replacements and repairs are conducted as and when required
- Manage the Bar to ensure effective stock control
- Lead and manage all aspects of stock control/management
- Maintain and develop all standard operating procedures for the Bar in discussion and agreement with the General Manager & Directors
- Ensure personal compliance with legal requirements for the sale of alcohol
- Any other duties as required by the General Manager & Directors
This job description is not all inclusive and is intended as an outline of the responsibilities and requirements of the role. The role and duties will evolve as the development expands and other duties may be required to meet the on-going needs of AUFC.
Requirements for the Role:
- Immaculate personal presentation and excellent interpersonal skills
- Flexibility in terms of day-to-day duties and responsibilities
- Passion for delivering exceptional guest service
- Meticulous eye for detail and exceptional planning and organisation skills
- Excellent communication, influencing and interpersonal skills with a confident and outgoing personality and an ability to interact with people at all levels
- Able to lead and train the staff with a positive “can do” attitude
- Ability to multitask and work in a busy, fast paced, and dynamic environment
- Ability to take initiative and a practical approach to problem solving
- Positive and flexible approach to work (weekend, evening and night-time work will be required
- Passionate about customer service, AUFC and the drinks industry
Salary dependant on experience
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Schedule: Weekend availability
Experience: Hospitality Management: 1 year (preferred)
Licence/Certification: Personal Licence (preferred)
Please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org