Reserves – BSC Glasgow 1 Ayr United 5

By AU Media

The Reserves travelled to Alloa to take on BSC Glasgow at the Indodrill Stadium in the SPFL Reserve League 2. The Ayr United starting 11 included first team player Craig Moore who has just returned from a long-term injury.

United created several chances in the first 15 mins with Smith, Miller, and McKenzie all going close. Ayr eventually took the lead 16 mins into the game when Smith slipped the ball from the 18-yard line to Moore who took a shot from on the penalty spot, firing the ball past keeper Shaw and into the net.

3 mins later, Ayr doubled their lead. Skeoch drove down the right wing, crossed into the box where it was met by Moore who tapped it onto McKenzie who fired home.

United scored again on 33 mins. Skeoch played a ball into the box to Smith who knocked it wide to McKenzie. McKenzie then worked his way past a number of players before hitting a shot over the BSC keeper to claim his second counter of the night.

At half time the score remained at 0 – 3 with the Ayrshire men in a comfortable position.

BSC started the second half with 2 substitutions, McCreery and Brown replacing Canning and Maloku. BSC started the second half well with Smith going to close but it was Ayr who found the net again.

On 60 mins, Moore drove forwards and took a shot from the edge of the box which flew past the keeper bringing the score to 1 – 4 in the Honest Men’s favour.

5 mins later Ayr made their first substitution when Goma replaced Moore.

BSC pulled a goal back after 66 mins when a cross was played into the box and was cleared off of the line, but the rebound was fired into the net by Dellios.

6 mins later Ayr made another change when Connor replaced Smith. Just 1 min after going onto the pitch, Connor played a part in Ayr’s 5th and final goal. Connor played a cross into the box which was controlled by McKenzie on the 6-yard line, he then turned and put the ball in the back of the net. A hat-trick for the young Honest Man.

10 mins before full time Ayr made a triple substitution when Heaney, McKee, and Richardson replaced Skeoch, Miller, and McKenzie.

Ayr had one last attempt on 87 mins when Heaney took a shot from inside the box, but it went just wide of the post.