Arbroath match preview
Ayr United vs. Arbroath
Saturday 7th August 2021. Kick-off 3pm
On Saturday, the Honest Men host Arbroath in the opening match of the cinch Championship campaign at Somerset Park. Both sides will be looking to pick up their first league points of the season, with United hoping to bounce back from derby defeat on Monday evening.
Arbroath started their league campaign with a 1-0 defeat at home to Inverness. Shane Sutherland grabbed the only goal of the game in the second-half.
The Red Lichties progressed from their Premier Sports Cup group as one of the best three runners-up after wins away to Elgin City and at home to East Fife and Kelty Hearts. They only narrowly lost to Premiership side Dundee United at Tannadice and face St. Johnstone at home in the next round.
Manager Dick Campbell has remained faithful to the players that have served him so well over the last couple of seasons, with only two new faces starting against the Highlanders last week. Midfielder Harrison Clark and striker Joel Nouble and both joined Livingston in the summer and were immediately loaned to the Red Lichties and will be hoping to emulate the impact Jack Hamilton had at Gayfield last season.
Everyone is fit and available.
The Manager Says:
Head to Head
Ayr United wins - 35
Draws - 5
Arbroath wins - 15
United are without a win in the last five meetings between the sides and have won just one of the last six at Somerset Park.
Last Meeting: The Red Lichties completed a clean sweep over the Honest Men last season with three wins out of three. The last meeting of the two clubs was one David Hopkin will want to forget, with Arbroath recording a 4-0 win at Gayfield in April. Ayrshireman Ricky Little opened the scoring in the 11th minute before Ben Williamson and Jack Hamilton scored in quick succession to make it 3-0 before the half-hour mark.
A second-half Michael McKenna goal from range earned Arbroath a 1-0 win in their last visit to Somerset Park.
Referee – Colin Steven
Assistant Referee 1 – Graeme Leslie
Assistant Referee 2 – Kevin McElhinney
This match is all ticket, with the ground capacity set at 2000. Please note, only tickets for the terracing remain with all tickets in the Main Stand sold out.
Concessions - £12
Under 18 - £6
Season ticket holders should show their physical season ticket card, printed QR code or Members Card on your mobile phone (accessed via tickets.ayrunitedfc.co.uk) at the turnstile.
Supporters purchasing their ticket from the club shop are asked to do so well in advance. Please note the club shop will stop selling match and season tickets at 1pm. Tickets will still be available for purchase online up until kick-off at 3pm.
All supporters are asked to follow the COVID-19 Supporters Code of Conduct, including the wearing of face coverings and adhering to social distancing at all times.
Please note that the Food Kiosk under the Family Stand will be open along with the Catering unit in the North Terrace. The kiosk in the Main Stand concourse remains closed and no catering units are available for Arbroath supporters.
After the match, it will be staggered departure by areas of the Stadium, please listen out for the p.a. announcements.
Saturday’s will be available to view online for home and away supporters unable to attend Somerset Park. Pay-Per-View passes are priced at £18 while Ayr United season ticket holders can watch for free using their QR Code.
Visit https://ayrunitedfc.co.uk/live-streaming for more details and to buy your PPV pass.
Download the HonestMen Picks app on Apple or Android and predict Monday’s match action for a chance to top the live leaderboard and a share of the £100 (free entry) or £250 (£2 entry) prize pool.
Over 18s only and please play responsibly.
AYR UNITED FOOTBALL CLUB
SUPPORTER CODE OF CONDUCT (COVID-19)
In order to assist our staff and stewards and to help protect you and your fellow spectators you are asked to follow these rules whilst attending a match at Somerset Park.
- All persons, prior to purchasing a ticket for a match, should self-risk assess to establish if they should attend.
- At all times and in all parts of the stadium please observe social distancing and avoid close contact with others not in your household or extended household.
- Arrive in good time to go through all the necessary entry procedures.
- Make sure you are free of any recognised Covid-19 symptoms prior to attending at the stadium.
- Be aware that your temperature may be taken.
- Be aware that all toilets will be opened and cleaned on a regular basis.
- Food or drink (for the period of these restrictions) can be brought in with you, but any rubbish should be taken away with you. No glass or alcohol will be allowed into the stadium.
- Standard ground regulations are still in force (displayed at all entrances).
- Be ready to follow requests to spread out or move to a different area of the stadium.
- Face coverings should be worn whilst in the stadium.
- If in the seated areas, remain in your seat whenever possible, there should be no standing in these areas except to leave or go to the toilet.
- If in a seated area, when moving past other spectators, to and from your seat, please avoid face to face contact, always face away from the person seated.
- If you do need to leave your viewing position, wait for a time when the gangway is clear and always keep to the left on walkways.
- Maintain good hand hygiene, use the sanitiser dispensers provided and avoid touching areas where possible.
- Please observe respiratory etiquette, always cover your month if needing to cough or sneeze.
- Take excessive care when shouting, singing or celebrating.
- Exit times will be staggered to aid social distancing, it may be a few minutes between each area of the stadium emptying.
- If you are attending with members of your household or extended household please make sure they have read and understand the rules too.
Thank you for your support and co-operation,
Ayr United Football Club